3/ 1995 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser TLC4x4 Stage Three Restoration
This Cruiser came to TLC in March 2017, on its 22nd birthday, for a massive restoration full of upgrades. When it arrived, it still sported all original paint and interior, with no rust. It had traveled just under 299K miles, and it was a perfect candidate for our Stage Three process, our most comprehensive restoration. 1350 miles since restoration.
The Cruiser was pre-fit and modified, then torn apart for powder coating & finishing, then reassembled one final time. This is one of the finest restored examples in the world, with few brave enough to take it to this level. Please watch the video and make sure to view all 51 images showing the restoration from start to finish. Below you will find a summary of the restoration contents and highlights.
• MIL spec-1 Powder coated axles and chassis, including all brackets, suspension linkage, steering arms and subassemblies.
• Body completely and comprehensively painted while disassembled. Mercedes Brilliant Silver Metallic (744). Color matched bumpers for a cleaner look.
• Entire body underside, and interior floor surfaces, Polyurea coated for corrosion resistance and heat isolation, prior to assembly. Additionally, extensive use of Dynamat and other high-quality sound deadeners and insulation products.
• All original hardware restored and zinc plated, complemented by upgraded stainless steel fasteners where appropriate.
• All new weather stripping, windshield, body trim, grills and light assemblies. Rear emblems deleted. Custom black finish on grill and headlight frames. Upgraded headlights plus aux LED lights fit in front bumper. Aux LED reverse light. Clear lens front signal lights.
• Stock seating for eight, restored seat electrics. Carbon fiber three-stage seat heaters in front seats. All new seat foam, all seats tailored in Relicate black leather, with deep grain pattern, complimented by stock gray trim. Matching custom leather door panels. Marine rated charcoal carpet, front to back, with matched removable floor mats. Hand stitched, matched leather wrapped stock steering wheel. New OEM dash pad. Gauges restored (reset odometer) and supporting all new conversion components, including P-R-N-D-L indicators. Learjet sun visors. Restored and resealed factory sunroof.
• 3D printed second cup holder insert in stock console. Multiple USB power ports, custom console mounted switch panel to control ARB air compressor, aux lights (with 3 remaining unused switches).
• Fully restored body harness, new custom engine integration harness.
• Engine upgraded to California (and National) emissions compliant GM Erod 6.2 LSIII with 430 H.P, 425 lb.-ft. torque. 2 year/50K GM warranty
• All new charging, intake, starting systems.
• All new steering arms & ends. Rebuilt steering box.
• Mandrel bent, TIG welded, ceramic coated, stainless steel exhaust system with Turbo V groove flange unions (no gasket flanges to worry about). Extensive custom heat shields to isolate exhaust heat from interior and mechanical components.
• GM 4L85E ¾ ton transmission with overdrive.
• Rebuilt and enhanced OEM full-time hi-lo 4x4 transfer case.
* Fully rebuilt front & rear axles fit with ARB F/R locking differentials, upgraded brakes, restored Burfields, new spindles/bearings/seals and more.
• Revised suspension with Slee Off-road, Old Man Emu, and Fox Racing components. Mild 2.5” lift, with improved ride dynamics.
• Fully restored stock fuel system with tank modified for GM in-tank fuel pump.
• 5 x Walker Evans aluminum wheels (simulated bead-locks) fit with 285/70 BF Goodrich KO2 Mud Terrain tires.
• High-end multimedia system with Pioneer NEX8100 head unit, supporting Carplay, Siri, CD, AM/FM/HDFM, SAT and more. Integrated reverse camera. JL Audio bass & amp (all hidden), Focal speakers in stock locations. New OEM power antennae. iPhone cable.
• 3M tinted windows.
• Class II OEM hitch with electrical.
• Slee side rock sliders, powder coated black.